Sunday, February 22, 2015

Civil War ball gown - bodice done!

Well the first part of my civil war ball gown, the bodice, is done!

(and I need a chemise that won't show above the neckline of my bodice) 

Once I got home, the first thing I did was sew the eyelets on the back so that the bodice could be laced up. I then proceeded to try to open them using a variety of pointy objects. That took a while.

But eventually that was done.

All laced up! (the lacing up took a while, apparently I should have made bigger eyelets)

Now I think my favorite part of the bodice is the sleeves, and sleeve trim. 

I sewed on the beads on the drive home, but ran out of daylight before I could sew on the lace, so once I finished the back eyelets I got the lace sewn on, and I love the end result! 

Next I need to make the bretelles, (shoulder strap things shown on the pattern), and then the skirt!

And of course somewhere in there I needed to make myself another chamise, one that won't show above the bodice neckline, but that should only take me a couple hours.

I'm really excited about the bodice being completed, and I can't wait to finish the rest of the gown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment