Tuesday, March 31, 2015

To add flower petals or not?

I'm making progress on my civil war ball gown! I've been working on it, but now I'm stuck.

                                       

So, I've made the shoulder straps, and sewn them on.

                                         

I've made the 7 skirt tab things and sewn lace, braid, and beads.

                                       

I've run out of braid and gone to Joann's to buy more only to discover they no longer carried the exact braid I needed, so the last tab has a slightly wider black braid on it.
Now I'm ready for the last decoration. These flower petals.

                                        

There are 49 of them. 7 for the bodice, and 6 per skirt tab.

                                       

This is what they look like on half of the bodice. I think I may like the bodice better without them, but I can't decide. So the short story is I'm considering leaving the flower petal like things off the dress entirely but would love some more input. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think they do much for the dress. I am sure you will love the gown with or without the petals.

    ReplyDelete