Friday, June 5, 2015

To Guatemala I Go!!

This past week has been really busy! I've sewn. I've done lots of goat stuff. I sold 9 goats. I sorted through my clothes. I clipped Sombrita for a show. I did research for a possible goat ministry. I've done lots of praying. And after months of preparation,

Tomorrow I fly to Guatemala! I'm all packed and ready to go! I have a suitcase full of my clothes and a huge suitcase full of things for our ministry while we're there.
To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I am thrilled to get to go on this trip. I have seen God's hand in so many things as we have prepared for this trip, and I'm sure we will continue to see him work while we're there.

While I'm in Guatemala this week I would really appreciate your prayers.

Prayers for safe travel. We fly first to Dallas, and from there to Guatemala city. After that it's a 3 hour drive to where we will spend the week.

Prayers that we will have no problems while going through customs. As this is primarily a dental mission trip we are bringing lots of dental supplies. Often there are difficulties in getting medical supplies through customs in Guatemala. Pray that the customs officials have favor on us.

Prayers for the people we are working with. That we can show them who God is. That they will sense his love for them and come to know him as their savior.

And finally, prayers for me personally. I'm considering moving to Guatemala for a year or so at some point in the future. The plan is that I would help these missionaries, that we will be working with this week, start a goat program. On Wednesday I will have a meeting with those who would be involved in this goat program. We will discuss the idea of a goat program in general, and the possibility of me coming to start it, Please pray that God's will be done in this meeting. I'm both nervous and excited about this meeting.

I have no idea what all might happen this week, but God knows, and can't wait to see!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment