Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Shirt I Didn't Have Time For

Last December, right before leaving on the World Race, I had a very detailed sewing plan all written out in a notebook. I had a list of everything I wanted to sew for myself and I knew I'd be pushing it to get it all done before I left the country. I couldn't afford to add any other items to the list. But did this stop me from adding just one more shirt to the list less than a week before I left? Of course not!


During a last minute trip to Joann's, to pick up one sewing notion or another, I came across this teal and gray stripped knit in the clearance fabrics. It was calling my name, and all the clearance fabrics were half off the already clearanced prices that week. So how could I not get it?


Yep, there was no leaving this fabric behind. So I picked out a solid gray knit to go with it, got both fabrics cut, and took them home. Less than 24 hours later I had a new shirt!


   I was on a raglan-sleeve top sewing kick at the time so I used Kwik Sew 3593 to make this top. It easily went together in one afternoon!


This top has been one of my favorites to wear on the race, it goes great with both my split skirt and the navy skirt I brought along!


Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Montenegro, Romania, and now Cambodia. This shirt has been worn everywhere. I've never once regretted deviating from my sewing plans to make it!


Yep, it was a shirt worth making!


If you wanna know what all I've been up to this year (apart from wearing my hand-made clothing) check out my World Race blog!


It's been a heck of a year so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment