Alright, after a detour into every day sewing projects, let's get back to the big one - the Wedding Dress!!
When we left off, I'd mocked-up the bodice, perfected the fit, cut out the bodice, and then decided I needed to make a corset before going any further. So I took a week or so to make myself a new corset, then it was time to actually start assembling the wedding dress.
(How I designed the wedding dress can be found here. All about the fabrics I chose can be found here. A record of my bodice pattern, mock-up, and fitting trials can be found here. And everything you need to know about the corset can be found here.)
The bodice was to consist of two main layers, a silk twill outer layer and a cotton twill interlining layer to give it structure. The lace, which was to be the star of the show, would be applied once the bodice was mostly assembled.
The first thing I did was cut out the cotton twill from my perfected pattern. Then I used the cotton twill as my pattern pieces to cut the bodice out of my silk twill.