After months and months, nearly a year of work, procrastination, stops, and starts, my 1901, hot pink silk, fur trimmed, evening/dinner gown is at last, finally, really and truly, done!
|Photo from Munich City Museum|
Evening Dress worn by Countess Courten, around 1901
I figured for the bodice to drape the way it did, it must be cut on the bias. So, I cut a large square-ish piece of muslin on the bias, attached it to the shoulder and side seam of the bodice lining, basted the bodice front lining, with the large piece of muslin attached, to the bodice back, then put the bodice on over all my Edwardian undergarments.